VIDEO HERE (entails the installation of an unmanaged package, page layout modification, creation of Custom Notification, Flow modifications, and mobile phone settings).
If you intend to utilize Push Notifications for mobile, please enable the proper permissions here and be sure you’ve downloaded the Salesforce mobile app on your device.
In the steps below we’ll send a push notification to a Contact Owner when an incoming text arrives.
Install the Custom Notification Unmanaged Package
From your Salesforce instance, append your Salesforce URL with the following string: packaging/installPackage.apexp?p0=04t4W000002UzMa
- Remove the contents of the URL up until lightning/and paste the above.
- For example, your URL should now appear like this: https://tact.lightning.force.com/packaging/installPackage.apexp?p0=04t4W000002UzMa
- Click Enter
- During install, select Rename conflicting components in this package
- Install for Admins Only:
Update Notification Settings
- From Setup, in the quick find box, search and select Notification Delivery Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page to Custom Notification Types.
- Find Incoming SMS and use the dropdown menu on the right to click Edit.
- Check both checkboxes under Applications, then click Save.
Modify your Application Settings page layout
- Navigate to the MogliSMS Lightning app.
- Navigate to the Application Settings tab.
- Check the Platform Events for Incoming SMS Enabled box, then click Save.
Not seeing this checkbox? Add it to your page layout in Object Manager > Application Settings > Default Page Layout > Drag the field onto the page > Save.
Gather the Custom Notification ID
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner of your screen and select Developer Console.
- Select the Query Editor tab, check the Use Tooling API checkbox, and paste the following: SELECT Id,CustomNotifTypeName FROM CustomNotificationType
- Click Execute, then copy the ID from the Query Results (Incoming SMS) to a notepad.
Update the Flow in Flow Builder
- In the gear icon, click Setup, then search and select Flows.
- Open the Incoming SMS Alert Summer 21 flow.
- Once the flow builder is open, double click the Action element to edit it:
- Paste the ID from the previous section into the Custom Notification Type ID field:
- Click Done, Save As, then Save.
- Click Activate.
Configure Mobile Settings
- Ensure that you and your users have downloaded the Salesforce mobile app on your devices
- Ensure that your mobile device’s settings allow for push notifications on Salesforce
- From within the Salesforce mobile app, access your profile (avatar or picture) > Settings > Push Notification Settings > turn on for Incoming SMS
- Send an incoming text to one of your Gateways (be sure you’re the owner of your test Contact).
- Your mobile device should display a notification like this:
- Tapping the push notification will open the Contact record within the Salesforce mobile app so that you may continue the conversation.
Was this article helpful?