Trigger Outbound SMS Using Pardot Engagement Studio!
Package Link: https://login.salesforce.com/packaging/installPackage.apexp?p0=04tDx0000001atq
This package contains a flow triggered by Salesforce task creation.
To create the task which triggers the flow, you must create a completion action in Pardot (Example: A form is marked as completed).
The action is called Create Salesforce Task:
The flow is triggered by creation of a task record that includes Mogli in the Subject. It’s reliant on two fields on the Task record:
- The related contact/ WhoID (Flow: NameID) - to send to the right Mogli Number
- The Subject field - to locate the matching SMS Template.
The subject should consist of the word Mogli followed by a space and #. The keywords after # are used to find an SMS Template with a matching name.
Example: “Mogli #keyword”
Pardot Task Example:
The task record’s creation triggers a flow, and the related contact or lead is found:
Refer to the READ ME assignment element at the top left corner of the flow builder page for instructions, and then complete one of the following:
- Connect the Bulk Path from the start element to the top Get Records element
- Connect the Run Immediately path to the bottom Get Records element depending on the size of your recipient pool.
When using the Bulk Path, messages will be created after a 1 minute delay and will be scheduled to be sent up to 10 minutes after task creation which utilizes Salesforce and Mogli SMS bulk architecture to mitigate the risk of hitting processing limits.
SMS Templates Tips
When the flow is triggered, the SMS Template Name is extracted from the Task’s Subject using a formula labeled fTaskSubject (Manager Tab):
The matching SMS Template is found (instructions for creating SMS Templates here):
When creating your SMS Template, avoid using any punctuation marks, dashes, or hyphens within the template name.
You may use an SMS Template connected to an active Form Template if you would like to trigger an automated conversation. More on Form Templates here.
SMS Templates can include Merge Fields found on the record related to the task via the WhoID (NameID) field.
If you’d like to use Merge Fields from an unrelated object, query the object and generate the Message text within your flow rather than using a template.
If you need assistance, reach out to your CSM.
The related record must have a Mogli Number and must not be opted out of SMS:
The message will be sent using the Default Gateway on the related record.
Optional: Edit the Create Records element to change this to a gateway ID of your choice:
Feel free to make modifications to the flow as needed.
For assistance with customization, contact your CSM at firstname.lastname@example.org.
They can inform you whether your Mogli plan includes paid service hours, provide pricing, and coordinate a scoping session with our services team to rebuild the automation to your preference.
Install the Pardot unmanaged package:
- From your Salesforce instance, append your Salesforce URL with the following string: packaging/installPackage.apexp?p0=04t4x000000lwAf (Remove the contents of the URL after '.com/'). For example, your URL should look something like this: https://tact.lightning.force.com/packaging/installPackage.apexp?p0=04t4x000000lwAf
- Click Enter, then Install for All Users.
Create an SMS Template
- Go to the SMS Templates tab and click New.
- Name the SMS Template the same as your Task’s keyword(s), such as “EventReminder”
- Enter your message text in the Text field, then click Save.
Set Gateway Preferences
- Be sure your recipients have a Default Gateway populated on their record(s). This will send your text message(s) from the Gateway your recipient(s) most often receive texts from.
- Modify the Gateway ID within the Create Records element of the Flow to trigger all text messages sent from a particular Gateway.
Populate the Create Records Element
Enter the following field values:
a. Direction = Outgoing
b. Gateway = Set this according to the Gateway preferences you specified above.
c. Message = enter a String or use an SMS Template. If using merge fields, you must include the associated Mogli-Configured object lookup during SMS creation. You may also use a text formula variable to pull data outside your associated object.
d. Phone Number = the Mogli Number of your recipient (found via Get Related Contacts).
e. Status = Queued (this tells Mogli to send the message right away)
f. Mogli Object Lookup = the WhoID or WhatID populated in the Pardot Task
In the example above, Field = ‘Contact’ and Value = Populated with the ‘Get Contacts’ element.
Click Done, Save, and Activate, then create a Pardot task with the expected subject line.
ADMIN TIP: If you don’t want to send a text immediately (drip campaigns, additional scheduled paths, etc.), feel free to modify the Flow or create your own. Ask about professional service hours if you’d like our team to assist.
There are so many ways to do more of what matters with Mogli -
Read our blog on Integrating Mogli with Pardot in the K-12 space
Check out this video on How to trigger texts with Mogli using Pardot
Read about How a Non-profit leverages Einstein and Mogli to improve public health.
Read about How Mogli and EDA (Education Data Architecture) work seamlessly together to deliver stellar results with SMS and WhatsApp in recruiting and admissions, marketing, registrar and enrollment, advising and student success, internal communication, alumni and donor relations, and advancement.