Example Opt In Consent Language
Place opt in consent on all web forms where opt in consent is gathered or phone numbers are captured.
- Be explicit about what types of data you are collecting (e.g. emails, phone numbers, etc.) and how you are using each category of data.
- Give customers a contact option to opt-out/have their personal data deleted.
- Sharing of end-user information for marketing purposes.
- Sharing of end-user information for purposes of lead generation.
- Sharing of end-user information for purposes of third-party analytics.
- It cannot state that end-user information will be shared
- Be explicit about how you handle opt-outs, especially related to marketing.
- Example: "MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS: You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing. We will get your express opt-in consent where required by law."